Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Definitely NOT Tex Mex! :-) My grandmother always added broken spaghetti noodles to her chili, but she used ground beef instead of sausage.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bulk sausage
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (1/4 to 1/2 cup)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup broken pieces of dried spaghetti noodles (1/2 to 1 cup)
- Brown the sausage and onion in a deep pot and then drain off the fat, returning the meat and onions back to the pan.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the spaghetti, stir well, and bring to a boil.
- Add the spaghetti to the soup and cook until spaghetti is done, about 5 to 10 minutes over medium-high heat.