Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in 'Favorite Recipes from Quilters'. We love it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- 16 ounces kidney beans
- salt and pepper (very little salt is needed)
- Brown ground beef, onions and celery, then drain excess fat.
- Add flour and heat through, stirring constantly.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
Very good, easy, and a nice quantity for two.
Very good, simple recipe.
Chili is about my all-time favorite food and I've been making it in a wide variety of ways for 29 years since I first learned how to cook. I have made this amish recipe every week for about 6 weeks now and I love this style of chili. I reduce the sugar just a little because it's very sweet but since my grandmother cooked that way, the sweet version brings back great memories. This is a really good way to eat chili. Thanks for the recipe!