Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
We ate dinner with my mom the other night and this is what she served. I was amazed at the taste and when she told me how quick and easy it was I knew I had found a winning recipe to add to our lunch and dinner rotations. Three kids and Dh loved it!!
- 2 quarts chicken broth (mom used water but I think broth would be better.If using canned chicken broth, use low sodium) or 2 quarts water (mom used water but I think broth would be better.If using canned chicken broth, use low sodium)
- 8 ounces amish noodles (Comes in a 12oz. package, we found them at walmart.If you can't find you can use egg noodles.)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can canned chicken breast meat, chunks (I use cooked chicken breast)
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- salt and pepper
- Bring broth or water to a boil add noodles and cook according to package directions,or til bite tender.Do Not drain.Reduce heat to medium low. Add soups and stir well. Add chicken and cubed velveeta. When cheese melts taste and add salt and pepper.Serve.
I made this for a company thanksgiving and it was all gone in 30 mins! Everyone loved it ! Including me!
This was so yummy! This recipe tastes just like the soup at a restaurant that my family has been going to for over 30 years! So glad I found this recipe!
This was a good,easy,QUICK soup that tasted like it took longer!(I just love those kinda recipes!) I did cut the recipe down to 5 servings, but my DH suggested more noodles.(made the way it is written is correct.)Made for spring PAC,2011.