Recipe by Miss Annie
Oh yes! This is a good, hearty, filling soup. You won't need much else when serving this dish.
Top Review by Bev
Miss Annie, I going to write this review while eating this delicious soup. I had a chicken in the freezer just begging for me to find a recipe. I discovered this Miss Annie recipe and knew immediately, this is the one! This recipe is so easy to do. I prepared exactly as your instructions indicated (adding the parsley with step #5), up until the flour, milk and egg. I found I had made a batter instead of crumbs, so instead of adding more flour, being a dumpling lover, I decided to drop 1/2 teaspoonfuls of batter into the soup to make little dumplings! It was just delicious! Thank you, once again, Miss Annie for yet another delicous meal!
- 2 lbs cut up chicken
- 5 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups corn
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer chicken in boiling water until tender.
- Remove bones and skin.
- Strain the stock.
- Return stock and chicken to pot.
- Add onions, celery, corn and parsley.
- Simmer till vegetables are tender.
- Mix flour with egg and milk.
- Rub mixture with fork till it crumbles.
- Drop crumbs in soup.
- Cook 10 more minutes covered.