Recipe by Miss Annie
A casserole for the nights you have to get a good meal on the table in a hurry. I love casseroles that use good ingredients and is a recipe that you can change to your own taste. You could add some other vegetables to this one. I just love the Dutch-Amish recipes.
Top Review by MICHEALE MCCOY
I made this and it was very good. I used left over turkey breast. I also added a large bag of mixed vegtables to not only add color but to make this a complete meal. I served it with a salad and corn bread and my family just loved it.
- 8 ounces noodles, cooked
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth (canned is ok)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine, then add flour and stir until smooth.
- Gradually add milk and broth, then seasonings and mushrooms.
- Combine chicken, cooked noodles, and prepared sauce.
- Place in an ungreased 9 x 13 inch baking pan and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350ºF for 35-45 minutes, or until heated thoroughly and top is browned slightly.