Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe copmes from an Amish cookbook from the great state of Ohio. It has a great flavor and makes it's own gravy that go great on mashed potatoes or stuffing. It's a simple recipe to make and my DH and DD'S love it!
- 6 -8 chicken pieces, cleaned
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour and spices and arrange skin side up in a baking dish.
- Mix the cream and water and pour over the chicken.
- Bake at 350* for 1 1/2 hours or until the skin is golden brown.
I really liked the taste of the gravy with the chicken. I served it w/egg noodles and it was a delicious combo. This is great comfort food to me and easy to put together. Thanks!
I thought this was very good. I loved the sauce! Next time I will reduce the cooking time, since an hour and a half was a bit too long for my oven. Will make again. Thank you for sharing.
We thought this dish was pretty good and the kids loved it. I used boneless chicken breast since i misread the package. This gets four stars for quick and easy. I served it with bowtie pasta as suggested in Parsley's review.