1 hr 20 mins
This is a delightful way to use cherries..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 cups pitted tart red cherries
- red food coloring (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350*.
- 2In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, tapioca and nutmeg.
- 3Add the almond extract, cherries and red food coloring, if using. and combine thoroughly.
- 4Allow the mixture to stand for 10 minutes, then pour into a 9x13 greased baking dish. Make the topping; in a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and butter with a pastry blender until it resembles coarse crumbs. (This can also be done in a food processor)
- 5Mix in the chopped pecans and spoon the topping over the cherry mixture, spreading it out evenly.
- 6Bake the crumble for 1 hour or until it is bubbling and the top is golden.
- 7Serve slightly warm with heavy cream, whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish Cherry Pecan Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.6
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 149.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 68.2 g
- Protein 6.2 g