Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup chopped maraschino cherry
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn flakes
- Sift together flour,baking powder,soda and salt.
- Combine the shortening and sugar then blend in the eggs.
- Add to this mixture the milk,almond extract and vanilla.
- Blend i the sifted dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the pecans,cherries and dates,and mix it well again.
- Shape the dough into balls,using 1 level tablespoon per cookie.
- Crush the cornflakes and roll each ball of dough in them.
- Place the balls on greased cookie sheet and top ech one with 1/4 cherries.
- Bake at 375 until done,about 20 minutes.