Recipe by Domestic Goddess
I love this simple, basic, main dish. Including the prep time and the actual minutes of baking this casserole, it can be prepared within an hour.
Top Review by Fluffy
Like it was said this is a very basic simple casserole dish. We all loved it. I used gound chicken instead of beef. I assembled it the night before so I cooked it a little longer than the recipe stated. Great recipe. Thanks
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 118.29 ml finely chopped onion
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt, season according to taste
- black pepper, season according to taste
- 14.79 ml dark brown sugar
- 304.75 g can condensed tomato soup
- 297.66 g can condensed cream of celery soup or 297.66 g can chicken or 297.66 g can mushroom soup
- 946.36 ml extra-wide noodles, uncooked (7 ounces)
- 226.79 g velveeta pasteurized cheese, cut into thin slices
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef and onion; drain off any excess grease.
- Season with Lawry's Seasoned Salt and black pepper; according to taste.
- Add the tomato soup and brown sugar to the cooked beef, and stir. (Do not add any additional liquid.).
- Cook the noodles according to pkg. directions, and then drain them.
- Add the cream of chicken soup to the hot-cooked noodles, and stir. (Do not add any additional liquid.).
- In a (2-1/2 quart) casserole baking dish; add the beef/soup mixture.
- Top with the slices of Velveeta Cheese.
- Add the noodle/soup mixture ontop of the Velveeta Cheese slices.
- Cover, and bake for 35 minutes in a 350 degree oven.