I love this simple, basic, main dish. Including the prep time and the actual minutes of baking this casserole, it can be prepared within an hour.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can celery or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 4 cups extra-wide noodles, uncooked (7 oz.)
- 8 ounces velveeta cheese spread, cut into thin slices
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef and onion; drain off any excess grease.
- Season with Lawry's Seasoned Salt, and black pepper; according to taste.
- Add the tomato soup and brown sugar, to the cooked beef; stir.
- Cook the noodles according to pkg. directions, and then drain them.
- Add the cream of chicken soup to the hot-cooked noodles, and stir.
- In a (2-1/2 quart) casserole baking dish; add the beef/soup mixture.
- Top with the slices of Velveeta Cheese.
- Add the noodle/soup mixture ontop of the Velveeta Cheese slices.
- Cover, and bake for 35 minutes in a 350 degree oven.