1/1 Photo of Amish Casserole
Domestic Goddess's Note:
I love this simple, basic, main dish. Including the prep time and the actual minutes of baking this casserole, it can be prepared within an hour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can celery or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 4 cups extra-wide noodles, uncooked (7 oz.)
- 8 ounces velveeta cheese spread, cut into thin slices
- 1In a skillet, brown the ground beef and onion; drain off any excess grease.
- 2Season with Lawry's Seasoned Salt, and black pepper; according to taste.
- 3Add the tomato soup and brown sugar, to the cooked beef; stir.
- 4Cook the noodles according to pkg. directions, and then drain them.
- 5Add the cream of chicken soup to the hot-cooked noodles, and stir.
- 6In a (2-1/2 quart) casserole baking dish; add the beef/soup mixture.
- 7Top with the slices of Velveeta Cheese.
- 8Add the noodle/soup mixture ontop of the Velveeta Cheese slices.
- 9Cover, and bake for 35 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.8
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 117.0 mg
- Sodium 1469.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 31.2 g