Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great caramel pie, very easy and oh so good! Authentic recipe.
- 3 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 6 egg yolks
- Boil brown sugar, water and butter together for 2 or 3 minutes for a good strong caramel flavor.
- Slowly stir flour mixture into boiling syrup, stirring constantly until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from fire; cool 5 minutes and stir once. Pour into 2 baked pie shells.
- Top with either a meringue from the egg whites or allow pie to cool and top with whipped cream.