Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This simple and satisifiing main dish came from My Amish friend and it is one of my husband's favorite meals
- 1 -2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups diced cabbage
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans
- 2 cups water
- brown the meat in a dutch oven and drain.
- add onions, celery cabbage and cook until wilted.
- add water worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt and sugar.
- add tomatoes and beans.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes.
Thank you for this healthy tasty lunch which was so easy to make. It did not state weather to drain or not to drain the beans, so I drained. One half-cup of water was left out so it would not be a lot of extra liquid left in the pan at the end of making this recipe. I will make this one again, thank you so much for posting it. Made for Healthy Choices ABC Tag Game ~ Summer 2010
Wonderful ! The flavor was really good! My wife even liked it and that just don't happen! Her bunco bunch will get to enjoy it.. Follow the recipe and u can't go wrong!!