Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This simple and satisifiing main dish came from My Amish friend and it is one of my husband's favorite meals
- 1 -2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups diced cabbage
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans
- 2 cups water
- brown the meat in a dutch oven and drain.
- add onions, celery cabbage and cook until wilted.
- add water worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt and sugar.
- add tomatoes and beans.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes.
My family loves this recipe, but I have found adding a full 2 tbsp of salt makes it entirely too salty. I would use a much smaller amount.
Thank you for this healthy tasty lunch which was so easy to make. It did not state weather to drain or not to drain the beans, so I drained. One half-cup of water was left out so it would not be a lot of extra liquid left in the pan at the end of making this recipe. I will make this one again, thank you so much for posting it. Made for Healthy Choices ABC Tag Game ~ Summer 2010
Wonderful ! The flavor was really good! My wife even liked it and that just don't happen! Her bunco bunch will get to enjoy it.. Follow the recipe and u can't go wrong!!