Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
my DSL makes these every Christmas for our family get together...
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Crisco
- 4 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- preheat oven to 425*.in a large bowl, cream together sugar and crisco -- beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.in seperate bowl -- and then add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- drop by rounded tspful 2" apart onto greased sheet.
- bake at 425* for 6-8 minutes.
- allow cookies to cool 5 minutes before removing to rack to cool completely.
I made 1/2 batch this morning. Nice texture - reminds me of a snickerdoodle cookie without the sprinkles on top. Thanks for the recipe Grandma2969...