Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
I had these while I was having a buffet in Shipshewana, asked for the recipe for the noodles, and here it is.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 drop yellow food coloring (optional)
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Add the beaten egg, milk, and melted butter, and coluring. Knead dough until smooth, about 5 minutes. If you have to add extra flour for a nice baby bum soft dough then do so now. You want a smooth soft, but not sticky to the counter dough. Let rest in a covered bowl for 10 minutes. I usually leave on a floured board with the bowl inverted on top.
- On a floured surface, roll out to 1/8 or 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired lengths and shapes.
- Allow to air dry before cooking.
- To cook fresh pasta, in a large pot with boiling salted water cook until al dente.
It's mazing how something so simple can be so good