Recipe by Miss Annie
An old recipe. This pie is best when eaten at room temperature. It is rich, so pieces are small.
- 1 unbaked 8-inch pie shell
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the pie shell, place the brown sugar, flour and salt.
- Mix with your fingers.
- Pour the evaporated milk over the flour and sugar, but do not stir or mix this in.
- Dot with butter, and sprinkle with cinnamon, liberally, over all.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until the filling just bubbles up in the middle.
- The filling will never completely set, but that's the way it's supposed to be.
- This pie is better eaten at room temperature.
- If you refrigerate leftovers, reheat them in the oven before serving.
- NOTE: Recipe can be doubled and prepared in a 10-inch pie shell.
- For that size, bake 1 hour and 20 minutes.