Recipe by indygirl79
Great broccoli salad recipe
Top Review by Bonnie J.
This is an awesome salad!! The bad news is it is NO WHERE near 15 minute prep time!! By the time I cooked 1/2 pound of bacon, washed cut and chopped both a head of cauliflower and broccoli, (and I used the Vidalia Onion chopper to do it!!), then broke apart the bacon, added the dressing, etc. it was about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes by the time I put it in the fridge. It is worth it, but unrealistic to say it is 15 minutes from start to finish.
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried & crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chopped broccoli and cauliflower in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar and salt to make a dressing.
- Add the dressing to the broccoli/cauliflower mix, stirring to evenly coat the veggies.
- Stir in the bacon and cheese, reserving a small amount to sprinkle on top of salad just before serving.
- Refridgerate until serving.