Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a recipe that I found in Taste of Home Magazine. This is a hearty filling breakfast and so tasty!!! You can change the bacon to ham or sausage and add red/green pepper if you like.
- 1 lb bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded swiss cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
I found this recipe courtesy of Taste of Home. Good stuff. I added more cottage cheese than it called for, and the recipe I had didn't use salt or pepper. I also cooked regular potatoes with the onion and bacon in a pan instead of using hash browns. Yum!
This is delicious! I found this recipe Christmas Eve, and took a chance and served it for Christmas Brunch. Everyone raved over its creamy texture and rich cheesy taste mixed with the crunchy,salty bacon. Thank you for posting!
This was great for Christmas day brunch. I replaced the bacon with sausage leaving all else the same and we had big servings from the half amount I made along with some mixed fresh fruit and cinnamon coffee. Lots of cheese and it so good you just want to keep taking just one more fork full. Yum!