Recipe by diner524
This is a recipe that I found in Taste of Home Magazine. This is a hearty filling breakfast and so tasty!!! You can change the bacon to ham or sausage and add red/green pepper if you like.
Top Review by AmyZoe
I found this recipe courtesy of Taste of Home. Good stuff. I added more cottage cheese than it called for, and the recipe I had didn't use salt or pepper. I also cooked regular potatoes with the onion and bacon in a pan instead of using hash browns. Yum!
- 1 lb bacon, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded swiss cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.