Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
What's better than bread pudding ? This sounds delish ! Another recipe out of my Missouri Amish cookbook 1990. I am unsure of the serving size or pan size.
- Soak torn bread in cream.
- Add sugar and butter, beaten eggs, cinnamon, salt and vanilla, stirring to blend.
- Put into a buttered baking dish.
- May add a little chopped citron, chopped raisins or dates if you wish.
- Bake approximately 40 minutes in a 375 oven.
Added extra sugar, vanilla, and raisins! Delicious dessert.
I have made this adding peaches the first time and blueberries the second. They were both delicious! I just sprinkled extra sugar to taste over the mixture and mixed it in before baking. Served it with freshly made whipped cream for dessert, then ate for breakfast for several days, which was a real treat!
This was so simple to prepare, and it is a really good bread pudding. I decided to have it for breakfast this morning, and it worked out because it's not an overly sweet dish. I didn't add anything like raisins or anything beyond the main recipe ingredients, so maybe that had something to do with it not being very sweet. But if I served this for dessert, I would definitely add more sugar and vanilla, to sweeten it up a bit. But all in all, it's a good bread pudding. Thanks, PrimQuilter.