240 hrs 35 mins
More like coffeecake than bread. My aunt Dolly's recipe, from her friend Mila King. Ingredients may seem oddly written but read the whole recipe and that should make sense! Original recipe says "Yield: 18 mini loaves" but it makes more.
My Private Note
mini lo ...
Units: US | Metric
For first 10 days
For the pans
- cooking spray
- 1 cup sugar
For EACH BATCH
- 1On day 1, combine 1 cup flour with 1 cup sugar. Add 1 cup milk; stir. Cover and keep at room temperature.
- 2On days 2-4, stir and re-cover.
- 3On day 5, combine 1 cup flour and 1 cup sugar. Add to mixture. Then add 1 cup milk; stir. Cover and keep at room temperature.
- 4On days 6-9, stir and re-cover.
- 5Everything comes together on day 10!
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F Spray mini loaf pans with cooking spray and sprinkle sides and bottom heavily with sugar. (1 cup sugar is an estimate; use more or less, as much as you need.).
- 7Combine 1 cup flour and 1 cup sugar. Add to mixture. Then add 1 cup milk; stir. Divide mixture into three equal batches.
- 8To EACH BATCH, add the following: 3/4 cups canola oil, 1 cup chopped pecans, 1 large box (5.9 oz) vanilla instant pudding, 3 eggs, 2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1 Granny Smith apple, skin on, chopped. Batter will be VERY thick.
- 9Divide batter into prepared pans, filling half to 2/3 full. Bake for 35 minutes until loaves are well risen and golden, and a skewer inserted into the middle of a loaf comes out clean. Cool (in or out of pans).
- 10Enjoy! Delicious as is, extra yummy toasted with butter. Freezes very well.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish Bread (Non-Yeast)
Serving Size: 1 (3150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.5
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 293.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 65.5 g
- Protein 6.5 g