Prep 240 hrs
Cook 35 mins
More like coffeecake than bread. My aunt Dolly's recipe, from her friend Mila King. Ingredients may seem oddly written but read the whole recipe and that should make sense! Original recipe says "Yield: 18 mini loaves" but it makes more.
For first 10 days
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups milk
For the pans
- cooking spray
- 1 cup sugar
For EACH BATCH
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (6 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 granny smith apple, skin on, chopped
- On day 1, combine 1 cup flour with 1 cup sugar. Add 1 cup milk; stir. Cover and keep at room temperature.
- On days 2-4, stir and re-cover.
- On day 5, combine 1 cup flour and 1 cup sugar. Add to mixture. Then add 1 cup milk; stir. Cover and keep at room temperature.
- On days 6-9, stir and re-cover.
- Everything comes together on day 10!
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray mini loaf pans with cooking spray and sprinkle sides and bottom heavily with sugar. (1 cup sugar is an estimate; use more or less, as much as you need.).
- Combine 1 cup flour and 1 cup sugar. Add to mixture. Then add 1 cup milk; stir. Divide mixture into three equal batches.
- To EACH BATCH, add the following: 3/4 cups canola oil, 1 cup chopped pecans, 1 large box (5.9 oz) vanilla instant pudding, 3 eggs, 2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1 Granny Smith apple, skin on, chopped. Batter will be VERY thick.
- Divide batter into prepared pans, filling half to 2/3 full. Bake for 35 minutes until loaves are well risen and golden, and a skewer inserted into the middle of a loaf comes out clean. Cool (in or out of pans).
- Enjoy! Delicious as is, extra yummy toasted with butter. Freezes very well.