Sugarless dumplings that derive their sweetness naturally from apple juice and diced apples. Can be served as a side dish with ham or pork or as a light dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup apple juice and cinnamon, stirring until smooth.
- 2Stir in diced apples.
- 3Pour all the apple juice into a 4-quart pot with a tight fitting lid.
- 4Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 5Drop diced apple mixture by soup-spoonsful into the boiling juice.
- 6Cover and let boil 20 minutes.
- 7Do not remove lid during cooking.
- 8After 20 minutes, remove the dumplings from the pan; set aside.
- 9Stir the cornstarch into the remaining apple juice in the pot and cook until thickened.
- 10Serve the sauce over the dumplings.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish Boiled Apple Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 802.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 33.8 g
- Protein 6.4 g