Recipe by grandma2969
This is really very good...
Top Review by paintingtheworld4u
My mom grew up with the Amish and we 23 kids were raised similar but not Amish. She use to make this for me once a year, at Thanksgiving. My most favorite pie in the world. I lost her recipe years ago after her passing. Thank you so much for bringing back some great memories and this all time favorite pie recipe. Bless!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed clove
- 3 large eggs
- 3 heaping tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- on the three large eggs, you will need to seperate and beat yolks and whites in seperate bowls.
- Mix together sugar, flour, cloves and cinnamon.
- Add butter, beaten egg yolks and milk.
- In a seperate mixing bowl, beat 3 egg whites till peaks form.
- Fold this into first mixture.
- Pour into 2 unbaked pie shells and bake at 350* till set.