Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
yes, this recipe for cookies has mild cheddar cheese in it..it adds something a little extra to the texture and flavor..
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup black cherry jam
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped finely chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- note* to toast walnuts, bake them in a shallow pan at 375.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and the sugars. With a pastry blender, cut in the butter until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Add the cheeseand toss to combine.
- Remove 3/4 cup of the mixture and set aside.
- Press the remaining mixture evenly into the bottom of a greased 8" square baking pan. Spread the jam evenly over the crust. Sprinkle the nuts over the jam and top with the reserved crumb mixture, pressing the crumbs gently into the jam.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden. Cool completely, in the pan then cut into 1x2" squares.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.