Recipe by Shari2
I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine. This tasted like an oatmeal cookie.
Top Review by Rambling Robin
SO delicious. I added cinnamon and it's a new favorite in our house! One thing I wanted to note: the first time I made this, I used the 9 x 13 pan as suggested, but it came out a little thinner than expected (we're used to baked oatmeal being thicker, like a cake). So the next time I used a 9 x 9 pan and it was perfect! (I could have even doubled the recipe and still used the 9 x 9 pan, although that might alter the cooking time a bit...)
- 354.88 ml quick-cooking oatmeal
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml milk
- 59.14 ml melted butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan.
- Combine all ingredients together.
- Spread on prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Immediately spoon into a bowl.
- Top with warm milk, fresh fruit or brown sugar if desired.