1/4 Photos of Amish Baked Oatmeal
This recipe came from an old Amish cookbook of mine. It tastes like an oatmeal cookie. It stores well in the refrigerator and can be reheated in the microwave and served with milk. This has to sit overnight, so plan accordingly. It is well worth the wait, however!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter.
- 2Grease 1 1/2 quart baking dish and drop in eggs and beat well.
- 3Add brown sugar, baking powder, vanilla, nutmeg or cinnamon, and salt. Mix well, no lumps.
- 4Whisk in butter and both measures of milk, then add oats.
- 5Stir well, and refrigerate overnight.
- 6Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 35-45 min, or until set in the middle.
- 7Serve hot with warm milk poured over.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish Baked Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.1
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 95.4 mg
- Sodium 333.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 9.0 g