This recipe came from an old Amish cookbook of mine. It tastes like an oatmeal cookie. It stores well in the refrigerator and can be reheated in the microwave and served with milk. This has to sit overnight, so plan accordingly. It is well worth the wait, however!
- Melt butter.
- Grease 1 1/2 quart baking dish and drop in eggs and beat well.
- Add brown sugar, baking powder, vanilla, nutmeg or cinnamon, and salt. Mix well, no lumps.
- Whisk in butter and both measures of milk, then add oats.
- Stir well, and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 35-45 min, or until set in the middle.
- Serve hot with warm milk poured over.