Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A fabulous recipe from the book, It's Called A Breakup because It's Broken by Greg and Amiira Behrendt.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In heavy saucepan, combine caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted.
- Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a large mining bowl, combine dry cake mix, melted butter, and the other 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Stir by hand until the dough holds together. Divide dough in half and press first half of dough into prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over baked crust.
- Pour caramel mixture over the chocolate chips. Crumble the other half of the dough over caramel layer.
- Return to oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and cool for 15 minutes, then cut into squares.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Return to refrigerator when no eating, as they get goopy at room temperature.
I made this recipe last night. It is AMAZING! I followed directions exactly as presented and I almost ate the pan with the brownies! So delicious and so little effort! Grazie!!!