Chef #897135's Note:
A fabulous recipe from the book, It's Called A Breakup because It's Broken by Greg and Amiira Behrendt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In heavy saucepan, combine caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted.
- 3Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 4In a large mining bowl, combine dry cake mix, melted butter, and the other 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Stir by hand until the dough holds together. Divide dough in half and press first half of dough into prepared baking dish.
- 5Bake at 350°F for 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over baked crust.
- 6Pour caramel mixture over the chocolate chips. Crumble the other half of the dough over caramel layer.
- 7Return to oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and cool for 15 minutes, then cut into squares.
- 8Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Return to refrigerator when no eating, as they get goopy at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amiira's Crack Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 745.4
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 521.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 77.2 g
- Protein 7.5 g