Recipe by Melodie in Hastings ,NE
This rolled up chicken burrito is fried. It has a delicious moist chicken stuffing with a nicely crisp flour tortilla wrapped around it. It is so easy to make with only 4 ingredients.
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned chicken (cooked and diced) or 2 chicken breasts (cooked and diced)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, low fat is OK
- 4 -6 green onions, diced
- 6 -8 small flour tortillas (6-inch)
- 4 -6 cups cooking oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Let cream cheese come to room temperature. Drain the canned chicken. Mix cream cheese, green chiles, green onion and chicken until well blended.
- Cut two sides of the tortillas so you have two straight sides on each side.
- Spread chicken mixture thinly on 3/4 of the tortilla. Roll tortilla up starting with the end you spread the chicken mixture on. Seal the plain end with water.
- Heat oil to about 375-400 degrees. Drop burritos into hot oil and fry for about 2 minutes. Keep turning so they fry evenly. When they start to turn golden, they are done. Drain on a paper plate covered with a paper towel.
- These are so easy and goes great with Salsa, guacamole, or ranch dressing.