Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I'm trying going 'paleo', which basically means, no grain, no dairy, no sugar, no salt. I made this tonight and it was a big hit.
- Crack the egg, mix it up a bit, and add the elk. Stir together.
- Cut the carrot, celery, onion, and garlic into large chunks. Put them all together in a food processor, and pulse until they are in small, even pieces. (Don't let them turn into mush!).
- Add the cut vegetables to the meat, and the rosemary, pepper, oil, and ketchup. Mix it all up, using your hands is the best way to ensure an even mix.
- Form into a loaf and put into a loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for approximately an hour.
This was great, i added and subtracted at will, more of what is starting to go in fridge is what is dominant in this meat loaf. I make this at least once a week, but I use ground turkey and tomato sauce instead of ketchup.