Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've adapted a couple of recipes from here and there, and give this away for Christmas presents every year. We have a dehydrator, so my fruit has no sulphites in it. You can of course change the fruits to ones of your liking, I just find this combo particularly tasty. Enjoy!
- 12 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 2 cups dried bananas
- 2 cups dried apples
- 2 cups dried pineapple
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Divide the oats between two 9*13 pans, and roast for 20 minutes, stirring every five minutes. If you're substituting smaller oats, roast for a shorted period and watch them carefully.
- Remove the oats from the oven and put in a large bowl.
- Add the other dry ingredients and stir until evenly distributed.
- Whisk together the oil and honey, pour over the oat mixture and stir.
- Package the cereal in ziplock bags as quick as you can to preserve freshness.