Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I took this recipe from Screen doors and sweet tea. It is amazing in summer! it is important to use key lime juice and not regular lime juice.
- gather blackberries in a cheesecloth. bundle cloth like a hobo sack. squeeze sack into a pitcher, making about one cup of strong, dark, tart juice.
- discard purple mash.
- in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, 1 cup water, lime zest and cardamom pod. bring to a boil.
- simmer over low heat for ten minutes.
- remove cardamom pod.
- allow syrup to cool and then chill it.
- in a 1 quat pitcher, combine blackberry juice, sugar syrup and lime juice.
- chill until cold.
- just before serving, stir in the ginger ale.