1/1 Photo of Amerigo's Chicken Tuscany
1 hr 15 mins
Babs in Toyland's Note:
This recipe is from a restaurant in Atlanta which is no longer in business, but this was one of their signature dishes and is truly delicious. (The marinating time is not included in the prep time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the marinade
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed peppercorn
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
For the brown sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chianti wine
- 2 cups beef stock or 2 cups canned beef consomme (I use chicken stock)
For the chicken
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, mixed with
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces roma tomatoes, peeled and chopped coarsely (about 4 large)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, julienned
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked according to pkg directions
- 1For the marinade: In a medium bowl whisk together oils, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest, peppercorns, celery salt, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco.
- 2Add chicken breasts and place in refrigerator to marinate for several hours.
- 3For the brown sauce: In a medium saucepan, over mediium heat, melt butter.
- 4Add flour and whisk together over heat for 1- 2 minutes.
- 5Add Chianti and beef stock, whisking constantly.
- 6Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low and simmer about 10 minutes.
- 7For the chicken: Remove chicken breasts from marinade and pat dry.
- 8Coat each breast first with flour, shaking out excess; then in egg wash; then in bread crumbs.
- 9Make sure to completely cover breast with breading.
- 10In a large heavy non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 11Place breasts in pan and cook until browned lightly on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
- 12Remove and keep warm.
- 13In another pan, melt butter, add mushrooms and cook until they begin to soften, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 14Add tomatoes and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for another minute.
- 15Add herbs and green onions and toss to combine.
- 16Add brown sauce and bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- 17Divide angel hair pasta among four plates and top with chicken and sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amerigo's Chicken Tuscany
Serving Size: 1 (695 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1426.7
- Calories from Fat 786
- Total Fat 87.3 g
- Saturated Fat 27.2 g
- Cholesterol 215.6 mg
- Sodium 1119.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 53.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: