From the TV show, only one pan, easy clean-up and very good flavor.
Make and share this America's Test Kitchen Skillet Baked Ziti recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 793.78 g can crushed tomatoes
- 709.77 ml water
- 340.19 g ziti pasta (3 3/4 cups)
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml fresh basil leaf, minced
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 475.
- Combine oil, garlic, pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in 12-inch ovensafe nonstick skillet and saute over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. (If your skillet is not ovensafe, transfer the pasta mixture into a shallow 2-quart casserole dish before sprinkling with the cheese and baking).
- Add crushed tomatoes, water, ziti and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cover and cook, stirring often and adjusting heat as needed to maintain vigorous simmer, until ziti is almost tender, 15-18 minutes.
- Stir in cream, Parmesan, and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over ziti. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until cheese has melted and browned, about 10 minutes. Serve.