1/6 Photos of America's Test Kitchen Skillet Baked Ziti
From the TV show, only one pan, easy clean-up and very good flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 12 ounces ziti pasta (3 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf, minced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 475.
- 2Combine oil, garlic, pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in 12-inch ovensafe nonstick skillet and saute over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. (If your skillet is not ovensafe, transfer the pasta mixture into a shallow 2-quart casserole dish before sprinkling with the cheese and baking).
- 3Add crushed tomatoes, water, ziti and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 4Cover and cook, stirring often and adjusting heat as needed to maintain vigorous simmer, until ziti is almost tender, 15-18 minutes.
- 5Stir in cream, Parmesan, and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over ziti. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until cheese has melted and browned, about 10 minutes. Serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for America's Test Kitchen Skillet Baked Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (542 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.7
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.8 mg
- Sodium 651.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 26.4 g