Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
America’s Test Kitchen; important to use chilled rice. Hot or even warm rice will turn out mushy.
Make and share this America's Test Kitchen Simple Fried Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cooked white rice, chilled
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (or thinly sliced cooked pork or beef)
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 5 scallions, sliced thin
- Heat 1 ½ teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add in eggs; cook without stirring until just beginning to set, about 20 seconds.
- Continue to cook eggs, stirring constantly, until eggs are cooked through but not browned, about 1 minute; transfer to a small bowl; set aside.
- Add remaining 2 ½ tablespoons oil to skillet; return to high heat until just smoking.
- Add in peas and garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add in rice, meat, soy sauce, and oyster sauce; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in bean sprouts, scallions, and reserved cooked eggs; cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
This was pretty good. I may have added a tad bit more soy sauce and I sprinkled some red pepper at the table. I have also making this by using a pork tenderloin marinaded with soy sauce, garlic and sesame oil. I love Chinese barbecue pork too that is on this site. The main thing is to use leftover cold rice made the day before.