America’s Test Kitchen; important to use chilled rice. Hot or even warm rice will turn out mushy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cooked white rice, chilled
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (or thinly sliced cooked pork or beef)
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 5 scallions, sliced thin
- 1Heat 1 ½ teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- 2Add in eggs; cook without stirring until just beginning to set, about 20 seconds.
- 3Continue to cook eggs, stirring constantly, until eggs are cooked through but not browned, about 1 minute; transfer to a small bowl; set aside.
- 4Add remaining 2 ½ tablespoons oil to skillet; return to high heat until just smoking.
- 5Add in peas and garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 6Add in rice, meat, soy sauce, and oyster sauce; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- 7Stir in bean sprouts, scallions, and reserved cooked eggs; cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for America's Test Kitchen Simple Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.6
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 145.5 mg
- Sodium 897.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 28.8 g