Recipe by AmyZoe
This recipe was created specifically for lasagna, but it can also be used over regular pasta. I made this with America's Test Kitchen Simple Cheese Lasagna. Recipe courtesy of America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add the onion and 1 teaspoon salt and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tomatoes with their juice, the oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.