Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My sister got this way of making cheeseburgers from America's Test Kitchen. It is by far the best cheeseburger I have ever tasted and is best cooked on the grill. I would compare the taste of this cheeseburger to a steakhouse like Houlihan's.
- 1 lb ground beef (80% lean)
- 1 slice white bread
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Crumble bread into mixing bowl.
- Add milk 1/2 Tbsp at a time and mash with fork until a paste-type mixture is formed. This may require an adjustment to the amount of milk, we mostly just eyeball it.
- Once paste is formed, add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Form into 1/4 lb patties and grill or pan-fry. Top with cheese if desired.
- 1 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce can be replaced by 2 Tbsp A1 Steak Sauce.
A1 steak sauce was voted the worst by ATK
These were good burgers. We made as directed and grilled them outside. My husband did salt & pepper the outside of the patties a bit because we like things a bit more salty. This was easy to put together. Thanks for posting the recipe.
This made a really juice burger! Made as is but added a little sprinkle of seasoned salt to the outside of the patties before putting them on the grill. Will be making again! Made for I Recommend Tag.