Recipe by hhenehan
My sister got this way of making cheeseburgers from America's Test Kitchen. It is by far the best cheeseburger I have ever tasted and is best cooked on the grill. I would compare the taste of this cheeseburger to a steakhouse like Houlihan's.
- 1 lb ground beef (80% lean)
- 1 slice white bread
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Crumble bread into mixing bowl.
- Add milk 1/2 Tbsp at a time and mash with fork until a paste-type mixture is formed. This may require an adjustment to the amount of milk, we mostly just eyeball it.
- Once paste is formed, add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Form into 1/4 lb patties and grill or pan-fry. Top with cheese if desired.
- 1 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce can be replaced by 2 Tbsp A1 Steak Sauce.