My sister got this way of making cheeseburgers from America's Test Kitchen. It is by far the best cheeseburger I have ever tasted and is best cooked on the grill. I would compare the taste of this cheeseburger to a steakhouse like Houlihan's.
- Crumble bread into mixing bowl.
- Add milk 1/2 Tbsp at a time and mash with fork until a paste-type mixture is formed. This may require an adjustment to the amount of milk, we mostly just eyeball it.
- Once paste is formed, add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Form into 1/4 lb patties and grill or pan-fry. Top with cheese if desired.
- 1 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce can be replaced by 2 Tbsp A1 Steak Sauce.
A1 steak sauce was voted the worst by ATK
I made a test size burger and thought they needed more seasoning because the tester was bland. So I sprinkled some blackening seasoning on it that I made from this site and it was good after that. I always make testers when using ground beef to ensure proper seasoning..i.e. meatloaf, meatballs and salsbury steak.
These were good burgers. We made as directed and grilled them outside. My husband did salt & pepper the outside of the patties a bit because we like things a bit more salty. This was easy to put together. Thanks for posting the recipe.