Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
It's American style spaghetti
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh sweet bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon hefty italian seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms (excellent) (optional) or 1 cup enoki mushrooms (excellent)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground fennel (optional)
- Brown and drain ground beef.
- Return to medium heat, add sauce and paste, then stir.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- When sauce starts to bubble, cover the pan and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for one to two hours.
- This sauce seems to pick up even more flavor after refrigeration! Portions can be frozen and used later in dishes such as lasagna or manicotti. Try sauce over hot dogs!