Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes from my SIL's co-worker. I cannot remember the name she used for the recipe so I will just call it Shrimp Curry. I have adjusted the quantities because the original recipe made a very large batch. I dubbed this recipe as "Americanized" due to the addition of Emeril's "Essence". I like to eat this as a soup but DH likes it served over Basmati Rice.
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 (12 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry
- 1 (12 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 1 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons spice essence (Emeril Lagasse's Essence)
- In a large 5 quart Dutch oven melt butter and add peppers, onion and garlic.
- Saute over medium heat until soft about 45 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except shrimp, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until shrimp turns pink, about 5 to 10 minutes.