1 hr 15 mins
After an intesive search for Shepherd's Pie, I finally had to make my own and it was yummy, so I thought I would share. It is a perfect comfort food for cold weather.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 lbs potatoes, peeled and quartered (or 3 cups leftover mashed potatoes)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Add potatoes to pot with enough salted water to cover.
- 3Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes or until soft.
- 4Drain potatoes and add back to warm pan.
- 5Mash potatoes, butter and milk, whip until smooth.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Cook onion over med-high heat in oil for about 5 minutes, add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- 8Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- 9Drain beef.
- 10Add worcestershire and ketchup.
- 11Blend stock and flour until smooth, then add to mixture along with spices and stir.
- 12Add soup and vegetables and stir.
- 13Let mixture simmer on low for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 14Spray a casserole dish (9 qt or more) with cooking spray and add mixture, then spread potatoes over top evenly.
- 15Bake for 30-40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Americanized Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.8
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 592.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 21.5 g