Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Love the taste of Chinese but want cheese too? I'm not sure where this recipe came from, but it's a great blending of two cultures and very kid-friendly. My family loves it!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 141.74 g can evaporated milk
- 236.59 ml sliced almonds (optional)
- 127.57 g can sliced mushrooms
- 226.79 g can water chestnuts, drained & chopped
- 236.59 ml celery, chopped
- 141.74 g can chow mein noodles
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese (or more if desired)
- 4.92 ml butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut chicken breasts into small cubes.
- Melt butter in skillet, and cook chicken until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Butter/grease baking dish.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cooked chicken, broth, soup, milk, almonds, mushrooms, water chestnuts, celery and cheese. Mix well.
- Spread mixture into baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle chow mein noodles over top of dish.
- Bake another 5 minutes or until mixture is bubbly. Watch that noodles don't burn.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.