Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
These tacos taste like the Mexican-style tacos but they are, by far, mine and my husband's favorite. Out of everything I make for him, this is his number one!!!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, chopped
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch garlic powder, to taste
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- 2 avocados, peeled and mashed
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 cup shredded colby cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir the ground turkey and onion in the hot skillet until the turkey is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Spread one side of the taco shell with avocado and the other side with sour cream. Fill each taco shell with ground turkey and top with Colby cheese and pico de gallo.