Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin mush
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
- 1 pie shell
- 1 medium pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large non-metal bowl combine sugars and eggs.
- Add in the pumpkin mush, the spices, salt, and evaporated milk.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and then reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 50 minutes, or until pie sets.
- cut pumpkin in half.
- Prick the skin several times with a fork, and place on a cookie sheet, cut-side up.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until very soft when poked with a fork.
- Let the pumpkin cool, then scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Scoop out the pumpkin meat, and throw away the skin.
- Mash the pumpkin meat with a potato masher or puree in a blender/food processor.
- Makes about 4 cups.
Wow! This pie was great. )And yes, I agree with Steph (reviewer), this did make 2 regular pies for me too. I couldn't find my ginger so I made it without and was still delicous! I guess it's a fool proof pie, (to an extent). We loved this pie!
It was great! For my first time, But I learned better when cold then hot. it brings out the sweetness. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
This pie came out great! I didn't use cloves (didn't have any!) or nutmeg (mother-in-law doesn't like it) and it still came out really good. I will definitely keep this recipe!