Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Americanized version of an Asian favorite.
- 1 lb round steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced celery
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces condensed beef broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Brown meat in oil.
- Add veggies, broth, and soy sauce. cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until veggies are tender. Stir often.
- Combine water and cornstarch. Add to meat mixture. Stir until thickened.
- Serve over hot rice.
I felt like the meat didn't have much flavor. However.. it wasn't bad! I honestly followed every instruction as listed!
Quick, easy and filling....couldn't ask for more. I didn't have any mushrooms, so I added water chestnuts, also added garlic and ground ginger as that I love the pair in asian dishes. THanks for the great weeknight meal
Exactly the way I make it,i was going to post and saw this.Great recipe.