Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was taught to me by a dear family friend. It is quick and easy to make and my family really enjoys it. The recipe calls for a lot of butter. Since I am watching my health I usually only use 3 tablespoons of butter. Feel free to adjust to your taste. I hope you like it- this is my first recipe post on Zaar!
- 2 lbs boneless chicken, cut into bite size
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup oil or 1⁄2 cup ghee
- 1⁄2 cup ground raw cashew nuts
- 1 (8 ounce) sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Marinate chicken with ginger garlic paste and salt. Let it sit for 10-20 minutes.
- Heat a skillet to Medium High and melt the butter.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook until no longer pink.
- Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- In another pan, heat the oil and add cashews, sour cream, red chili powder, tomato sauce and the fried chicken.
- Cook on Medium low heat until tender and the oil separates from the sauce.
- Serve hot over rice. Enjoy!
Interesting tangy sauce for chicken. Little effort required and result well worth it. Highly recommended.