Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cornbread is a very traditional quick bread in the US, and it usually eaten with chili. We also eat it with soups, stews, and sometimes even with salads. This cornbread also has some pumpkin added for a little twist. If you like cornbread and pumpkin, you should give this a try. From Baltic Maid.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, and the cornmeal.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs and add the pumpkin puree, oil, and the molasses. Mix well.
- Add the egg mixture to the cornmeal mixture and mix until just combined. Don’t stir too much.
- Grease a 9x9” (23×23 cm) baking dish and pour the batter into the dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F / 190°C for about 30 minutes or until done. Don’t bake it too long or it will become too dry. Serve warm or cold.