Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Lest we forget, a baked sweet pudding made with corn flakes. Another special recipe from my mom's Whispering Pines Grandmother's Club Cookbook.
- 1 quart corn flakes
- 1 quart milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Spread corn flakes in a greased, deep pudding dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over the corn flakes.
- Set pudding dish in a pan of hot water.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- When times are better, add 1/2 cup of raisins sprinkled over corn flakes before adding remaining ingredients.
I thought this sounde4d interesting but made it as a breakfast pudding rather than dessert. I changed it a bit to suit my tastes, I did a half batch, not a ginger fan so left it out & also left out the sugar as I thought the molasses would be sweet enough for me. To jazz it up a bit I also added a handful frozen mixed berries. Served it warm with some vanilla yoghurt for a very tasty brekky. Thanks!
Yum! This is definitely comfort food. The pudding part was very creamy, and it had a very mild flavor. If you like strong foods, you'd have to increase the sugar and add some spices. I'll be keeping this one--thanks, bshemyshua!
I love recipes like this and it sounded interesting. I added raisins and my family loved it. I think when we get back to basics, we are getting back to some of the best. Thanks for posting!!