1/1 Photo of American Potato Salad With Hard-Boiled Eggs and Sweet Pickles
the very best ever potato salad you will ever have, hands down!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs red potatoes, scrubbed (about 6 medium or 18 small)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut into 1 to 2 inch dice
- 1 stalk celery, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1/4 cup sweet gherkin, minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1Cover potatoes with 1 inch of water in stockpot or Dutch oven.
- 2Bring to simmer over medium-high heat.
- 3Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring once or twice to ensure even cooking, until potatoes are tender (a thin-bladed paring knife can be slipped into and out of center of potatoes with no resistance), 25 to 30 minutes for medium potatoes or 15 to 20 minutes for new potatoes.
- 4Drain; cool potatoes slightly and peel if you like.
- 5Cut potatoes into 3/4-inch cubes (use serrated knife if they have skins) while still warm, rinsing knife occasionally in warm water to remove starch.
- 6Place warm potato cubes in large bowl.
- 7Add vinegar, 1-2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and toss gently.
- 8Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cool, about 20 minutes.
- 9When potatoes are cool, toss with remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Imediately or cover and refrigerate.
- 12cooking time does not include refrgeration time.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for American Potato Salad With Hard-Boiled Eggs and Sweet Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.7
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 111.0 mg
- Sodium 266.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 6.3 g