Recipe by Always in the kitchen Connie
We have enjoyed this salad for years. It's perky taste, goes good with any meat. Especially good with summertime cook-outs. Beats out the typical blah mayo style potato salad any day. If you are not a fan of Miracle Whip, you can use additional mayonnaise in it's place.
- 5 lbs red potatoes
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup salad dressing (Miracle Whip 1/2 cup sour cream 1 teaspoon salt 2 cups chopped celery 1 tablespoon dry mustard powde)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes with skins on, until tender.
- Peel, and cut into cubes.
- Add onions and Italian dressing.
- Mix gently, but well.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Chill several hours.
- Mix again before serving.
- Garnish with eggs if desired.