Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe Book "All About Salads and Dressigns"
- 2 lbs red potatoes (used 8 large potatoes) or 2 lbs other waxy potatoes (used 8 large potatoes)
- 1 medium celery
- 2 tablespoons of finely snipped fresh chives or 2 scallions, minced or 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3⁄4-1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Bring potatoes to a boil in a large pot with enough salted cold water to cover by 1 inch. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered untilt eh potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain, peel if desired, and cut into bite sized pieces. In a medium bowl, toss the still warm potatoes with: celery, chives/onions and parsley.
- Stir mayo and milk or vinegar together.
- Add the mayo mixture to the warm potato mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.